With so many styles of wigs on the market, choosing the right hairpiece can be a bit confusing. There are human hair wigs, lace front wigs, and other hair-like wigs for women. However, if you are looking for wigs for round faces, you are not alone.
Nevertheless, to help you choose the right wigs for round faces, we have listed some helpful tips and information in this article. But before we start, we would just like to ask you a question: How do you know if you have a round face?
If you are sure that you have a round face, then that is fine but if not, you don’t have to worry about it because we will show you how to check your face shape.
How can you tell if you have a round face shape?
The shape of your face is important when deciding to choose the best haircut and wig style that will look good on you. Everyone’s face shape is unique and it needs the right wigs and hairpieces that will complement their look. Having the best style for you can bring out the confidence you need.
There are different methods to define the shape of your face; by using these, you will be able to compare which part of your face is wider than other parts. Is it your forehead, cheekbones, or jaw? Here are a few ways to determine your face shape:
- Mirror Method – Just stand and face in front of the mirror, then pull your hair back. Using a lipstick or marker, trace an outline of your face on the mirror. You can then compare the outlined shape on the mirror with the different face shapes here.
- Tracing Method –You can use a picture of yourself and draw an outline of your face. Observe what shape you see.
- Measuring Method –Using a tape measure or a ruler, measure across your cheekbones, jawline, forehead and the tip of your hairline up to the bottom of your chin.
If your face width and length are about the same and you have no angles to your chin, you have a round face shape. You can also easily determine if your face shape is round if your cheekbones are the broadest part of your face.
Nevertheless, Selena Gomez, Ginnifer Goodwin, Kate Upton, Chrissy Teigen, Mila Kunis, and Elizabeth Olsen, are only a few of the many celebrities who have round faces. So if you think you have the same face shape as these celebrities, then it is certain that you have a round face shape.
Choosing the Right Wigs for Round Faces
When it comes to beauty, having a round fat face shape can be tough. This face shape is often characterized by roundness below your cheekbones and a wide hairline. Generally, round faces look good with linear or geometric styles, as they make your cheeks look slender.
However, if you are looking for a hairpiece that suits your face shape, there are some things that you need to look for and avoid as well. So to give you some ideas, here are some of the things that you should keep in mind when looking for a wig.
Wigs for Round Faces: What to Look For?
- A wig that has the volume as well as layers to make your face appear slimmer.
- A wig that ends at the bottom of your chin.
- A wig with a longer and thinner fringe.
- A long length wig that has thin sides.
- A short wig, but make sure to keep it a natural look.
- A wig that provides additional volume on the top.
Wigs for Round Faces: What to Avoid?
- Short-cropped and center parting wigs.
- Chin length wigs.
- Straight chopped or short crop fringes.
Tips: The Right Wigs for Round Faces
Choosing the best and most suitable wig is a very important decision. However, nobody wants to wear a hairpiece that looks cheap, makes them feel uncomfortable and does not suit them.
- Hairpieces are not created equal: high-quality hairpieces look significantly more realistic compared to cheaper models. However, if you want a wig that looks seamlessly natural and stylish suitable for your round face, then purchase from a well-known and reputable brand.
- Make sure to opt for a wig suitable for a round face that features an adjustable size to ensure a comfortable and snug fit. If you have not purchased a made-to-order wig, then look for a wig that has Velcro tape, hooks, and clips on the inside.
- If you are new to wearing a hairpiece, you can consider a wig with a natural shade so that it will look perfectly fine on you.
- Make sure to choose a wig suitable for a round face that is made of comfortable materials.
- Look for a hairpiece that complements your skin tone. If you have a warm skin tone, go for a wig that has copper-colored reds, ebony brown-black shades, chestnut browns, or honey blondes. But if you have a cool skin tone, you can wear raven black, inky, auburn red, ash brown shades, or platinum blonde.
With so many types and styles of wig on the market, rest assured there is at least one that will suit your fat face shape. The above tips will be useful to help you choose the right and perfect wig for your round face.
Choosing the best and most suitable wig doesn’t have to be difficult. By following the simple steps mentioned above, rest assured you will end up with a wig that suits your face shape perfectly. Most importantly, look for something you think will look good on you. As a matter of fact, if you wear the right hairpiece you will be able to attract more attention and of course, your innermost confidence will shine through!