Nowadays, the art of wearing synthetic wigs is not only exclusive to those who have lost their hair due to baldness or because of the chemicals used in chemotherapy. Women tap synthetic hair during one of those bad hair days. This gives them an improved look and boosts their confidence. The increasing demand of wearing this artificial hair among women and even men wigs also entails responsibility from its users.
Proper care should be observed in order to preserve and maintain the shine and beauty of the wig. The more genuine the synthetic hair looks, the better it will look, especially when it is put on people. There are some users who are very particular in caring for their wigs. They are very meticulous in choosing the type of brushes, styling gel, and other products that they feel would work for their chosen synthetic hair.
The Guide For Buying Shampoo and Conditioner for Synthetic Wigs
In taking care of the wig, it is vital that the things and products you are using are the right items that will preserve and boost your wig. When your synthetic hair is well maintained, it will definitely last longer. Among the necessary items that directly affect the look of the wig and should be given great importance are the shampoo and conditioner.
1. Consider the material of the wig. When choosing the right shampoo and conditioner for your wig, you should consider the type of material that it is made of. In the case of synthetic hair, you should use extra care since they are made out of fibers. This component could easily get broken if washed with the wrong shampoo and conditioner.
2. Choose gentle products. In addition to the hair material, you should also check if the shampoo and conditioner are gentle enough for your wig. Some use baby shampoo to make the wig soft. The type of hair products that you use will make a massive difference in how the wig will look and how long it can be used.
3. Choose products with no alcohol content. Another factor that needs to be considered includes the alcohol content of the shampoo and conditioner. Since the hair is made from synthetic fibers, choose a product that does not contain too much alcohol. Less alcohol content means that the wig may be more protected.
4. Shampoo and conditioners should contain plant and vegetable extracts. These substances are less harmful and gentler on the wig. Also, make sure that the shampoo and conditioner have moisturizing components that will make the wig smooth and silky.
Benefits of Shampoo and Conditioner for Synthetic Wig
Many people have made one big mistake in caring for their synthetic wig, which is using regular shampoo. If you have a synthetic wig, this means that you are basically washing a gentle fabric in a detergent that is made to remove oil when you use a regular shampoo.
Here are the benefits you will get from using shampoo and conditioner specifically designed for a synthetic wig:
- Wig shampoo washes out the dirt build up that the synthetic hair accumulates from the environment.
- The conditioner used in a synthetic wig keeps it smooth and silky and even makes it smell good.
- It prevents irritation and discomfort due to dust and accumulated dirt.
- Your wig will surely last for a long period of time.
How to Wash a Wig with Wig Shampoo and Conditioner
Caring for your synthetic hair depends on the frequency of your use. Wash your wig every three weeks if you are using it every day.
1. Before washing your wig, detangle it first by using a comb. Make sure that the kind of comb you are using is a wide tooth one.
2. Carefully remove the tangles of your wig by lightly brushing through it. Do not, in any case, drag or pull the fiber. Remember that it is made of synthetic fibers, so be extra gentle when brushing and detangling. After all the synthetic hairs are untangled, wash the wig.
To properly do this, fill a bowl with cold water. Make sure not to use hot water when washing your wig since the heat could damage the fibers. Mix a capful of shampoo into the bowl of cold water. Submerge your wig and let it soak there for several minutes.
3. After that, rinse by taking the wig out from the cold water and place it in another bowl of cold water to take away the shampoo. When you do this, do not squeeze your wig. After rinsing the wig, condition it by directly applying a hefty amount of conditioner to it.
4.Stroke the conditioner to the synthetic hair downwards from the roots up to the ends. Leave the conditioner in the wig for 4 to 5 minutes. After that, rinse again by submerging the hair in cold water. Place the wig in the middle of a folded towel and pat it dry.
5. When you do this, do not wring, rub, or squeeze the synthetic hair while drying. Remove the wig from the towel, style, and hair dry. To do this, shake the remaining wig gently to recover its style. You can also style it lightly using a wig comb or simply use your fingers.
6. Put the wig on a folding wig stand. If you do not have this, you can use the mouth of a large vase or jar and let it dry there naturally. It is important that you do the drying naturally and not by a hair dryer. The heat coming out from the dryer may trigger the synthetic fibers to break.
More people are using wigs for various reasons, either for aesthetic or medical purposes. And, synthetic wigs are indeed less expensive substitutes to medical therapies for restoring hair. More and more people are going to use wigs in the coming years. This is why it is very important that proper wig care should be practiced with the right shampoo and conditioner. This will ensure that your synthetic wig stays healthy, and you can use it for a longer period of time.